The Camden Climate Change Alliance at Camden Council has recognised the significant steps that Beck Greener has taken to reduce the firm’s environmental impact over the past few years. Key successes include:-
- doubling the amount of waste that is recycled and halving the volume of waste sent to landfill by making a small but significant change to the recycling policy
- reducing waste-related carbon emissions by more than 20% in the last 12 months
- saving 11% in the annual cost of waste collection
- reducing contamination of recycling and incorrect disposal of liquids, leading to a reduction in the need to clear up spills
- achieving the ‘Going Green’ mark of achievement – Beck Greener is on track to achieve the ‘Cutting Carbon’ mark by May 2016
- creating sustainable behaviour change within the organisation
James Stones is the partner responsible for the CSR function at the firm. He comments:
“We are delighted to have been recognised by the Alliance for our successes in this area and particularly with being awarded the ‘Going Green’ mark of achievement. We are grateful to the Alliance for reviewing our existing waste management practices and identifying key areas where we could improve. They provided valuable advice regarding implementation of new practices and methods for monitoring progress and measuring success”.
To see more about this case study and the work of the Camden Climate Change Alliance please click here
For more information on our CSR programme, please contact James Stones.